Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Our" Dogs


We are the minority in our neighborhood because we own just one solitary fish we keep as a pet. Everyone else has a dog. There is Ella, the hunting chocolate lab, Toby (golden retriever?), Mocha (Australian shepherd), Elvis (golden lab), Doodle (an 8-week old poodle), and our favorite, Duke (he’s a boxer). We love all the dogs! Mocha, we must admit tries our patience. When she gets into our garbage searching for Elsie’s dirty diapers, our love wanes, for sure. However, she is still a young, big, pup. Duke loves to play and be pet. He is right next door, so we see him the most. Yesterday Elsie even said his name, “Duke”. It was really cute. Our neighbor’s son also got a brand new dog, just six weeks old. His name is Choppers and he’s a Mastiff. I doubt he’ll stay so little for very long. So I’m wondering, why would we ever get a dog when we have so many to love all around us? We’ve got the best of both worlds – lots of dogs to love without having to take care of one. I’ve just got to convince Peter and Elsie. Here are the pictures of some of the dogs I’ve told you about.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love how Elsie squeelz and lights up when she sees a dog. When did you guys get your fish? What's its name?