One of my sisters (I have three) is married to someone who is a BYU film major. They have known each other forever, and ever since I can remember, he has LOVED making films. This year he had a great idea to film BYU's rugby team and make a movie of their highlights. It just so happend he picked the right year, since they took nationals! Go BYU's rugby team!
This is all well and good for my sister, Becky's husband, but it has made some lonely weekends for my sister when they have their away games. This last weekend, he had to go to California, so Becky decided to come visit me! I was estatic, especially because Becky has a daughter, Eden, who was born just 1 week before my daughter, Elsie. I haven't seen Eden for a while, and have been anxious to see how her and Elsie would play and interact. Plus, it is always a special treat to have a sister over!
We had a fun time together, but I wouldn't call Eden and Elsie best friends. Mostly, Eden just tolerated Elsie, and Elsie loved to share things with Eden, including her kitchen set she pushed right over and onto Eden's head. No wonder Eden kept her distance! Eden was also not feeling well, so she mostly wanted her mom. There were a few times I was tolerated and got to hold her, however. It was fun to watch the two and see how differently they were developing, and yet so alike as well. I loved Eden's 15 month sprint versus Elsie's speed walk. It was lots of fun.
3 comments:
I'm sooo glad you two got to get together. It's great when the kids get together and begin to know each other.....for better or worse.
That was fun to read Rachel, I feel famous being on your blog. I had forgotten about the kitchen toy incident! Since Micah has brought his bike home, it's sat on our deck without a lock (until yesterday). Twice Eden has gone over and touched it and it fell on her. Yes, we are to blame and there were many tears. But now it's secured. Anyways, she now sees the bike out the window and hits her head, she's adopted her own 'sign' for it I think. (p.s. DUH)
Holy smokes! I didn't know you were back on the blogging band wagon! What a pleasant surprise. The post on Peter and the nickle was a story I hadn't heard yet. HELLLLLO. Where have I been? Keep 'em coming!
Post a Comment