Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fondue!

Fondue was a family favorite growing-up in my house. My dad was the chef when it came to "Fondue Nights". He had a special, "secret" recipe he got off the Galloping Gormet years ago. Every one of his girls has had to earn the recipe by doing something for him. For example, my one sister learned a Scott Joplin piece on the piano (my dad's fav composer) to "earn" the recipe, and I memorized "The Cremation of Sam McGee" (one of Dad's favs as well). So, a few weekends ago, a couple friends and their families came over and we had an evening of fondueing! We started out with everyone's favorite, Cheese fondue. It was this first course that I gorged myself and couldn't get myself to stop eating. Then we moved onto Meat fondue, and last of all, the exquisite chocolate fondue. As Rachel Ray would say, Yummmmo! By the third bout of fondue, I was completely stuffed. It was lots of fun though, eating and chatting it up with good friends. Sometimes I wonder if having friends over is worth it, after all the cleaning and cooking that goes on behind the scenes. I would have to rate this one as a success and definitely worth it!
Here are my friends Natalie and Cindy and their kids....



This is Natelie's daughter.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like so much fun! What a great idea. Makes me hungry for fondue!

Rebecca said...

I'm drueling, stop! You know, I've only made that cheese fondue twice, and both times busted so badly I've lost my enthusiasm. I remember dad telling us it was the poor mans meal because bread and cheese were so cheep. Ironic.

Papa Beaver said...

Nice. Keep up the tradition. I cant handle chocolate fondue since a bad experience in college with chocolate fondue and too much....well we wont go there.
XO, Pops.