Mike and I had a really busy Saturday planned. We got up early and started on our chore list: mowing the lawn, cleaning the garage, etc. A little after 8:00 Peter informed his dad he wanted his training wheels taken off. You don't turn a request like that down, so by 8:20, all chores had ceased, and Mike was helping Peter onto his newly solo 2-wheeled bike. Peter got on and took off. Mike ran with him around the corner and up a hill to a neighbors house, where Peter turned around and came back home. He took to it like a fish does to water. We were so proud! By noon he was riding his bike everywhere and making all sorts of obstacles for himself to ride around. It was the highlight of our day. Funny how something like this makes you realize how menial your "to do" list really is.
3 comments:
Your definition of fish to water is deemed perfectly. He was so fast! I thought I could even see white streaks behind him. Way to be awesome parents!
Look at him CRUISE! Don't your buttons feel like they're going to burst!?
I see his Jeppson optimism and confidence stays just ahead of his ability. How do kids, how did we, survive 2-wheeled bicycles? This is the beginning of the end of the little boy. What an accomplishment!
XO
Post a Comment