Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ultimate Spring Highlight

Okay, so I've been waiting to post  "The Ultimate Spring Highlight" until one of my sisters did, so that I could steal their pictures, seeing as I'm a major mooch and have no pictures of my own to share.
Back in April, my sister, Michelle, graduated with her masters in speech pathology.  I am so proud of her because she worked SO hard and endured SO long.  Life after schooling is so different, and wonderful.  There is no other stress in life that replaces that of taking a written test during a set time, of being weighed and measured, proving yourself, and stretching your mind to learn new things in a way you've never thought before.  It's a great life lesson, and a great one to move on from as well.  Good job Michelle!!! 
So, for a graduation gift, my sisters met up with my parents and we all surprised her (one sister had to fly in from out of state, the greatest surprise).  Surprised, she was, and fun we had!  Some great friends and a wonderful hubby helped watch my kids so that I could do this.  I owe them a huge thanks!  It was fun to be with my sisters, but I must say, when we all get together, I feel like the biggest party pooper.  I was the first to fall asleep every night, and lacked the ability (aka, know-how) to play with my phone, so I wasn't in on their bakery games and what-not.  Oh well, they're good to roll with me any ways.  My mom was great - she came with 2 pounds of yummy chocolates for late night chats and relaxing in the hotel room. 
After all the graduating festivities, my sister found a sitter for all the kiddos (I brought Anna with me), and we all went to the temple together.  This was a highlight of a lifetime.  The temple is a special place, because it's a place of reflection and peace, where one can feel close to others who may have passed on.  It is a place where we do ordinances (such as baptism) for those who have died before receiving the opportunity to do so.  This was especially memorable because my dad worked really hard and brought some family names for us to do, including my Grandma Elsie (my daughter's namesake).  What a neat experience it was.  I felt a lot of closure and connectedness, that I never thought possible.  It's a feeling that has stayed with me, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity.
Thanks Michelle, Mom, and Dad for all your hard work and providing an opportunity for us all to get together!  It was great.

  If I can mooch any more pictures, I will be sure to do so! 

1 comment:

Mama Tales said...

Thanks for the blog post. I get the hint....send pictures!