Saturday, May 18, 2013

Renaissance Fair

 Mike and I took the kiddos to a Renaissance Fair this Friday.  We watched some great amateur jousting and ladies dancing on trotting horses.  We also saw some great costumes (some wore less costume and more skin than others), ate some great food, and learned lots about the time period.  My kids all loved it and wore themselves out.  Mike and I agreed it was an interesting experience that attracted some really interesting people.
Elsie LOVED the opportunity to dress up.  She wanted to be a fairy, and I'll have to admit, I thought she was the cutest little sprite hopping around at the grounds.  Kimball dressed up as a knight, and Peter as a pirate.  Even I found a Renaissance dress from my mother-in-law's Halloween closet and joined in the festivities.  It was great.  Here are some pictures.  
 
We took lots of pictures of our favorite "jouster" (is that a word?).  There was another guy who was dressed in chain mail and had the whole regalia.  Impressive!









1 comment:

Michelle said...

HOW FUN! I think Elsie's little purple cast just adds to her costume, and her hair looks super cool by the way.