Friday, May 17, 2013

Cinderella Ballet

This all began when a good friend of mine, Steffanie, told me about a storytime at the local libraries she had written out promoting the Cinderella Ballet performed by our local ballet company.  It sounded fun, especially since Elsie has taken an interest in Ballet.  Well, Elsie LOVED it!  They had the ballerina come, who was playing the fairy godmother, and dance beautifully and then she read some great books.  One book was called Elsie Times Eight.  It was delightful.  At one point in time we put our names into a drawing for free tickets to the ballet.  When we walked out of storytime, Elsie said, "Mom, I am going to practice lots so that I can be really good too."  She was definitely inspired.
Well, low and behold, a couple days later, I got a phone call saying we had won 2 free tickets!  Elsie was so excited, and I was excited for her.  We got another ticket for Grandma and had a girls-only afternoon while we went to the ballet. 
As we got ready to go, I went to check on Elsie.  She was supposed to be getting dressed, instead I found her dress-ups all over the floor, and Elsie naked.  She insisted that she needed a purple dress.  When she realized her options didn't include a purple dress-up, she chose the one pictured down below.  I tried to talk her into one of her church dresses, but she insisted it be a fancy dress-up.  Rather than turn a fun afternoon sour, I agreed.  When we got there, 95% of the little girls attending had the same idea.  It was cute to see all these little Cinderellas running around.
Elsie loved it.  She got all silly and was bouncing around afterwards.  I was glad she enjoyed herself so much.  It's fun to do things with just the girls sometimes.  In the pictures below, Elsie and I are doing a ballet pose (in case you couldn't tell) before we head off to pick-up Grandma.

No comments: