So...20 weeks of gestation later, taaadaa, we have a new baby boy! He was born October 28th at 7:00 pm weighing 6 lbs. 14 oz., and 19 inches long. We named him (not a moment too soon!) Kimball Marcus. Here is a pic right after delivery.l

Kimball has been the perfect newborn! I couldn't have picked a better delivery...I checked into the hospital at 6:15, not knowing if I was in labor for sure, and he was born at 7:00 - 45 minutes later, AND the doctor was even there this time. It was great! Since then, he has proven to sleep well, eat well, and tolerate his siblings without any complaints. He is the cutest little one I have held in about 21 months! We came home from the hospital the next day and met some excited older siblings, which we naturally documented with more pictures!

We are

having a fun time getting to know this new spirit in our home. Peter and Elsie have really taken to him. Elsie wakes up and the first thing out of her mouth often is, "Kimball?" We all love and adore him!
My Mom came and stayed for a little over a week and helped me with the kids and household. It was great to have her here! Only, after looking through my pictures, I realized we totally

missed taking a picture of her while she was here! Sorry Mom, I really slipped up and was enjoying the help a little too much! Elsie especially really bonded with her Grandma while she was here. It didn't bother her in the least that I was busy taking care of Kimball because she knew she had Grandma's undivided attention whenever she wanted. After a couple days stay, my Mom nicknamed my kids The Dictator (Peter), Queen Bee (Elsie), and The Boss (Kimball). Yes, it is a power struggle at my house.
Now my Mom is gone, the weekend is closing, Monday will soon be here, and I must fly solo. Wish me luck!
6 comments:
Your kids were wonderful. I think that is because they have WONDERFUL parents. I loved it....thanks for sharing your children with me! In Peter's words "my heart will be with them wherever we go, and I will miss them very very much."
If you want another co-pilot or tri-pilot call up Michelle and I!!!!! One of the first topics whenever we communicate is our adorable new nephew Kimball. Love you Kimball!
I love him!!! Can't wait to see him!
rachel, he is so dang cute. Congrats little lady. I have to come over and see him. Hope everything is still going ok. I AM GOING TO CHECK ON YOU!!!!!!!
Congratulations! Such a lucky kid!
Those nicknames are HILARIOUS and probably very fitting. I love it!
Post a Comment