Sunday, November 15, 2009

Highlight #5 - 50th Anniversary

Mike's parent's celebrated their golden 50th anniversary this September. What an amazing thing! All the sibling and in-laws worked hard and put together a dinner a program to celebrate this event. It was so fun to hear all the stories about each of the siblings growing up. Mike helped put a video together with pictures and videos of his siblings sharing stories. He grew up in a family of 9 siblings, and they all managed to come. Can you imagine the mayhem that goes on when they all get together? One sister-in-law put together this beautiful quilt with everyone's handprints on it and a family tree of all the children and their spouses on it. Then we all helped tie/quilt it together. It was beautiful and she did a great job. It was fun to finally be giving to my in-laws because they are such giving people themselves, that I am too often only a recipient of their kindness. Here are some pictures of their posterity.

This is all of Mike's siblings. I think I got the handsomest out of the bunch!

This is most everyone - children, in-laws, and grandchildren. You may not be able to see anyone.

This is our family picture. I seem to be looking at something other than the cameraman, but it was the best picture we took.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I didn't realize their 50th was this year, I should've watched that video! What a gift-that quilt!