


This is the final highlight I want to write about. I have a friend that says she loves Halloween so much because there is no pressure to find the deeper meaning of this holiday. It is the perfect holiday before Thanksgiving and Christmas, that's for sure. I love Halloween because of all the fun traditions that take place - pumpkin carving, harvest time (as I mentioned earlier),

pumpkin and apple goodies, parties, cute costumes (I'm not into the scary thing), and fun paper crafts my kids love doing. Also, in my community they put on a "Pumpkin Walk" we go to every year. People throughout the community create a scene made out of pumpkins and squash. So, we walk around looking at the different scenes and carved pumpkins lining the walk, and at the end we get a little cookie. It's a great family event, plus it's free!
However, being due November 1st, I really did not want a dual celebration of birthday and Halloween. So, I was so glad when he was born on

the 28th! Although this Halloween was a bit overshadowed by Kimball's birth (rightly so, too!), I wanted to make sure Peter had a chance to see his friends in their costumes and have some fun. So, on the morning of the 28th, I threw Peter and impromptu Halloween Party. It was so funny when all his male friends showed up in spiderman costumes and the lone female was a princess, or the damsel in distress. We played games, did a craft, and sent them home with pumpkin bread. I had a lot of fun with Peter and his friends. One of the moms offered to take Elsie home with her, which I gladly accepted, which is why she's missing in the pictures.
3 comments:
Rachel, I have read every one of these posts, many times. They are wonderful. Thanks
I like Peter's 'flexing' pose!
What a fun Halloween! Congratulations on the new addition to you home. Little Kimball looks so precious. I love the pictures of his brother and sister holding him. You are an amazing mom.
Post a Comment