Okay, so this might sound a bit demented, but it was hard to dround in my sorrow's when my 91 year old Grandma, who felt like her life was an overdue book, finally passed away. It was a highlight to go to her funeral, reconnect with with 39 of my 41 cousins, aunts, uncles, and immediate family, and to reflect on her stalwart life and think about how I will carry on her rich legacy.
Just as my mom said when she spoke at the funeral, my Grandma was a "Lady". She was sweet, loving, endearing, always looking her best, and always seeing the good in others. As my uncle put it, "There was no malice in her heart". These are the things I will take with me and work hard to become. This is the legacy I have to look to and rise up to. What a life she lived, and what a posterity she has left behind, with 7 children and 41 grandchildren, and a generation of great-grandchildren that is still in the making. All of her grandchildren felt so loved by her, as she always kept up on all of our day-to-day lives and I'm sure we all feel the weight of her legacy, that we may become more. I hope I can continue this tradition of hers and pass the same feeling onto my children as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment