Sunday, December 13, 2009
Tradition gone wrong
Well, I know it's awfully late to be blogging about Thanksgiving when Christmas is right around the corner, but this is worth mentioning. This year was the year to spend with my husband's family, which is always an adventure, as there are 9 children in his family (7 of them brothers). So, there Thanksgiving tradition has always been to play a game of basketball while everyone else slaves away in the kitchen. With a bunch of competitive brothers playing to be the victor, it can get quite aggressive. As a matter of fact, Mike came home with a huge, swollen, black and blue ankle. I was just sick, knowing how long those can take to heal. Come to find out later, he actually sprained both ankles. However, as much of a bummer as this was, Mike fared well. Later on in the day, they brought the basketballs out again, only to have another brother brake a rib! So, I'm wondering, was this football, or basketball? I hope this tradition tones down in the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think the year I was there, it was football-but I bet ping pong would even be a full contact sport for them!
Post a Comment