
Well, I never thought of this as a "highlight" before, but then I realized, what would August and September be like without the wonderful harvest? We grow a garden, and Mike's parents have a small orchard, so in the fall we have a plethora of produce and I am in the kitchen canning like mad! This year wasn't too bad - I decided to give myself a break, being pregnant and all. It was the year of the jams though. I canned rhubarb, strawberry rhubarb, raspberry, cherry raspberry, and apricot. I think my favorite is cherry raspberry. I'll have to do more of that one next year. Mike is really great at helping out too. He's a great sport at peeling and helping me get the job done when it's late at night. He's great. We also canned peaches, cherries, cherry pie filling, and apple pie filling. I love watching the kids run around eating peaches and apples from the trees, and stealing corn out of the garden. Don't you just love the pictures? This year
there were lots of cherries and my kids loved them!

1 comment:
What a gift to your family, all that canning. PROPS.
Post a Comment