Elsie gets to pick her hairstyles Monday thru Saturday. On Sunday, I get to decide on the hair style. It's a fairly good system, and so far it's made everyone happy. However, it does mean that sometimes Elsie gets some pretty out-of-the-box ideas, and according to our agreement, I must follow through. On some days she brings up all the hair bows and flowers she can find and tells me she wants a flower garden. Sometimes I'm even luck enough to put in Pokey Little Puppies along with the flowers. If any of you aren't aware of the children's book titled, The Pokey Little Puppy, I highly recommend you read it. It's a children's classic. It's about a dog with a short, squat tail. I think the dog's tail reminds Elsie of the pony-tail style where the hair isn't pulled all the way through. On this particular day, about a week ago, I was privileged enough to put in 8 "pokey little puppies" with flowers. She loves it. Elsie definitely has her own ideas and ways of doing things, and frankly, I kind of appreciate her own originality and uniqueness.
3 comments:
How great it is to have a visual of the "flower garden" now! Oh I just LOVED getting all caught up on your happenings. Thanks for blogging!
Ya, what Lanita said.....thanks for blogging! So nice to have a visual for Elsie's hair!
Way to lay out the bargaining chips. Clever
Post a Comment