Sunday, May 6, 2012

1st Tooth!

The day finally came - Peter lost his first tooth last Monday.  He was soooo excited.  Apparently, all of his friends, and everybody in his first grade class had lost a tooth already.  You can imagine how excited he was when his finally came out.  I'll admit, the whole process is gross, and I couldn't understand how I ever thought loosing teeth was exciting when I was a girl.  For some reason, these benchmarks of growing up, no matter how disturbing, are rather exciting when we are young.  I've posted the pictures.  Please take note of the blood marks on his cheek and pajamas.  It was so gruesome and exciting all at once!
He was also very excited when the tooth fairy came during the night.  She left a new circulating gold dollar and a dime.  I keep telling Peter that I think the tooth fairy left the dime so he could still pay his tithing without breaking-up his gold dollar.  He's not buying it.  I think the tooth-fairy may need to leave a note next time of her intentions.  Any how, those coins haven't left his side all week, and he's shown them to everyone.  It's pretty cute.

3 comments:

Mama Tales said...

Did Peter do the deed himself, or did parent(s) help? Yuck! I could never get into that stuff either! PB

Gel said...

oh ya!!! that is such a cute picture. I love when they loose their first tooth!

Rebecca said...

Yah, mom never did get into that stuff. I was always on my own with my teeth! I didn't care though, I just waited for them to fall out. Mamas stomaches are strong for their kiddos!