Sunday, May 6, 2012

Messes

Here is a little insight to what my days consist of:


Every morning these two stinkers run around and terrorize the house.  In the above picture, they are 'cooking'.  Apparently they made some tasty stuff.  Let me make this clear, this is no exceptional morning.  This is routine.  They are quiet and non assuming, going about forming piles here, dumping and filling baskets up there, and having a blast.  That's what is so hard about being upset.  They are so busy pretending and having fun, that I don't have the heart to stop them (sometimes).  
So here's my question - are my children without bounds?  Are they out of control?  Do I encourage enough structure in my home?  Otherwise, why would this sort of chaos be so appealing to them?  I wouldn't mind an honest opinion.

2 comments:

Mama Tales said...

This makes me nervous....very nervous!

Rebecca said...

I wish mine would do this a little better-they only want to play if I'm included. Which makes me feel special but tied. I don't think I would care as long as they were the ones that cleaned it up-certainly with a helping hand or voice depending on the age. It looks super fun and cute to see them doing it together!