Saturday, May 5, 2012

More Birthdays

As February and March rolled around, others of us in the family got a year older as well.  The ages will remain anonymous, however.  The day before my birthday I was out late at a meeting.  I came home tired, but as I walked in the door, I smelled something wonderful.  Mike was so sweet and made me my favorite flavor of cake - chocolate, double layers and all!  The sacrifice was especially appreciated because of his somewhat limited experience at baking.  He thought he needed 2 cake mixes if he were doing a 2 layered cake.  I can see how it can be confusing.  Mike cleaned the oven and everything.  I speak the honest truth though, when I say it was one of the best cakes I've ever had!!!  Thanks sweetheart!




Mike also had a birthday.  His cake was much simpler, but a family favorite of his growing up.  It's called lemon punch cake.  I love my mother-in-law for keeping family recipes and traditions fairly simple and practical.  It's been a great blessing!  We had no idea what to get him for his birthday, so we picked out a bunch of fishing lures.  The kids were really excited about giving them to him, but I think we picked out the wrong kinds.  I hope Mike knows how much we love and appreciate him, even though his birthday was a bit lame.  Mike is wonderful, hardworking, thoughtful, and very giving.  He is a jack of all trades, and can fix anything.  He never ceases to amaze me.  Mike is also very patient and kind towards other people.  I think that's why he's so good for me, because I require a lot of patients at times.  He is always eager to do the right thing.  I love him and know how lucky I am!!!!

1 comment:

Mama Tales said...

What a great Fam!! We love you all tooooo much! PB