Sunday, September 19, 2010

Eyeglasses


Peter got his first pair of glasses last Thursday evening. We were all chomping at the bit, wondering when they would come. At 4:30 the phone rang, and I though could it be Peter's glasses? Sure enough! I hollard at Peter, and all the kids scrambled to get shoes on and climbed into the car. We were hoping to be able to pick them up, in the middle of rush hour, before they closed at 5:30. Whew, we made it just in time, and Peter was thrilled!
So here is the story of Peter's eyes for those of you who are interested. Apparently, his eye doctor said he has a bit of a far-sited problem and a severe astigmatism. The poor little guy has never been able to see very well. Mike and I thought glasses would be revolutionary to Peter, but it's on the contrary. Peter tells me, "I can see good with the glasses, and I can see good without the glasses." Hmmm. I'm confused. I responded by telling him, "Well, you might get lazy eye if you don't wear the glasses, so wear them anyways." I think I scared him a little bit because he never takes them off. When I am cleaning the lenses he has his eyes closed so he won't get lazy eye. Oops, I hope I haven't scared the poor kid. More importantly, I hope we get everything resolved with these crazy glasses.

7 comments:

Mama Tales said...

The glasses add a scholarly air to our budding athlete. Good luck Peter! (and Mom and Dad)
love you all, Papa Beaver.

Deb said...

Jason and I saw Peter last night with Mike. He looks so cute! I hope they help :)

Rebecca said...

What a handsome boy! Not many people can sport the glasses look so good.

Natalie said...

Too Cute!

Elizabeth said...

That picture is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Justin and Stephanie said...

So handsome! I can't believe how grown up he is...and going to school now. Why do our little ones have to grow up so stinking fast?? He was just a little guy what seems like a few months ago. (but was actually 4 years ago) You are such a stellar mom. Thanks for being so great!

A Plane Family Story said...

He looks so cute!! Your family is beaytiful!!
Stefi