Ahhhhh. It's Thanksgiving day, I'm at my mom's house, turkey's in the oven, and everything is simmering, waiting to be served at exactly the right time. All the planning, shopping, chopping, and cooking are about to bring their sweet rewards. The table is set with my Grandmother's beautiful china. Family recipes have been brought out of their books, and the 5 pies for the 7 of us (3 of which are under 5), are bringing with them memories of Thanksgivings past. This is what the holidays are all about - family, gratitude, and love. As the next few days (is it 39 now?) come before Christmas, I hope I remember this moment right now. Thanks, Mom for letting me sleep in this morning and for all your work in the kitchen and help with the kids. Oh, they just put on Christmas music. This is too much, I'm F.L.ed.
Since I never did a Halloween post, I thought I'd throw in some pictures now. My sister, Becky and her family came up and we had a great time! We managed to squeeze a lot in on Halloween day. Perhaps a bit too much, but Becky, Micah, and and Eden rolled with things very well. We even made homemade Spudnuts. Oh, they were delicious! And we watched a scary movie - Coraline. I'm still scared when I wake up at night. Those stupid buttons. Anyways. Elsie was Blue's Clues (sometimes with wings), Peter was Tigger, Kimball was a cute caterpillar, and Eden was a duck with a waggly tail. 
2 comments:
Thank YOU Rachel for helping to bless this home with family love.
Happy Holidays INDEED! I think we've about 2.5 pies 'left over' in our fridge for our family of 2.5. Decorated for Christmas today in your memory!
Post a Comment