Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

In our house we are celebrating Valentine's Day extended weekend! It started Friday with a Valentine's day party at the Library for storytime. They read books, did a craft, and then went around and collected valentines from the librarians. My kids had a blast! That evening they got a card in the mail from "far-away-Grandma-and-Grandpa". It's always exciting to get mail, so that would have been enough for Peter and Elsie. However, when they opened their cards, they found a 5 dollar bill inside. Peter was running around yelling, "I got 50 dollars!"
On Saturday a great friend of mine, Stephanie, and I put together a Valentine's party for our kids and their friends. I think they all had a blast! In the end, Stephanie and I were in need of an ibuprofen and nap. We played games, had a valentine exchange, and decorated sugar cookies. I loved watching the kids decorate their cookies. Here are a few pics.
Here is Stephanie and her son working as a team.

Elsie licked all the frosting off and left the cookie.

Some (like my son) were all about the frosting

Others were minimalists.


Today has been fun. I woke up this morning with potted hydrangeas in the kitchen and a Papa Murphy's pizza in the freezer. Thanks Mike, that is the greatest Valentine's Day gift a girl could ask for! I woke up not feeling well, so I asked Mike if my present could be given Monday instead. I guess it will be a 4 day festivity!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

root root for you and stephanie, you guys make a great team! Happy Valentines day to you!

Michelle said...

That's a lot of frosting to eat! Good job Elsie. Looks like fun was had by all!

Deb said...

thanks for having Sadie and Annie. They LOVED it! Happy Valentine's Day to you :)

Mama Tales said...

What a FUN FUN Momma you are! I wish MY kids could have had such a fun mother!