Today at church during Primary, they were teaching the resurrection. Because of the death of Finners, Peter's fish, we have covered this topic countless times. One time Peter found a dead butterfly on the headlights of our car and told me he wanted to watch it be resurrected, so he sat still and stared at it for a while. He finally gave up and asked me to hold it until it was resurrected instead. Anyhow, I think we've got it cleared up now. So, at church, the question was asked, "What does it mean to be resurrected?"
Peter raised his hand and blurted out, "It means to rise with living breath!" (He is quoting a song they had just been singing).
The teacher said, "Yes, you're right," and then looking over at me added, "your mom is teaching you well!"
Don't worry, Peter set her straight as he replied with a pointing finger, "No, she didn't teach me. I just knew that already!" With that he folded his arms, and smirked in satisfaction for several minutes. It was too cute. As the teacher was wrapping her lesson up, she asked one more question.
"So, why do we want to be resurrected?"
Peter pragmatically blurted out (again), "Because it's no fun being DEAD!"
Now it was everybody else's turn in the primary to smirk, trying to hold in our giggles. Point well taken, Peter.
2 comments:
Peter is right on for sure. I love his perspective and insight!!!Thanks for posting these pictures!!!! Also, itsn't it great that we can read this blog and hear what you are doing from so far away! (Thanks to Connie and Doug)--Mama Tales not Papa Beaver
He may have learned a little from his 'Sunday movie' too! It was super cute, I was glad I got to see him in that environment.
Post a Comment