Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Birthday Present

Last week was my birthday. It was a pretty crazy day and I was glad when Mike came home and things could finally slow down a bit. After dinner, we quickly frosted some cupcakes I had managed to make and threw a few presents on the table. As we were getting to work to "celebrate" Peter was noticing that he had forgotten to get me a present. He came over to me and, grabbing around my leg sweetly, said, "Mom, I didn't get you a present. Do you want to know why?"
"Why?" I asked. I was hardly listening and a little annoyed I couldn't use my leg at the moment.
He genuinely replied, "Because today I am giving you my heart."
I was so touched and I told him that was the best present he could have given me. After such a busy day and feeling like I was just going through the motions of celebrating, Peter caught me off guard and reminded me how truly blessed I am.
Maybe I made too big of a deal about it because a little while later he turned to his dad and said, "and what are you giving Mom, Dad?"

Here are a couple pictures. The first one is of the kids doing their clean-up job after we sprinkled the cupcakes.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh, Peter. He's going to be quite the charmer for those ladies!