Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm an expert!

So, this may be a little personal, but it is so dang funny, I can't help but blog about it. A few days ago I was in the bathroom while Peter was finishing a job of wiping himself. So, as he's in the process of doing so, he says, "I think I'm just going to leave it in there for a while."
My reply, "That's kind of weird Peter. We don't do that, take it out."
"Oh....So, we only do it to our noses." He responds
I explain, "Well, only when our noses are bleeding, Peter."
Another lightbulb goes on for him and he says, "Oh... so only when our bums are bleeding!"
I'm trying to keep a straight face at this point, and I explain that we never leave toilet paper in our bottoms, ever.
One more lightbulb goes off for my cute 4-year-old as he says, "Oh... so you're an expert, huh Mom!"
Well, as a mother, I guess I'm an expert of quite a lot of things, actually. I don't think they would be resume worthy, however.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

ahaha!! Oh my, kids do say the darndest things. After that story I think I'll take your expertise any day.

Rebecca said...

You should make a mommy resume, and post it on your blog-I think I may too!

Mama Tales said...

I am remembering what Lanita told a perspective employer. I am virtually certain the information she gave him didn't go on Dad's resume but I am pretty sure he remembered your Dad when we came for an interview!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That is REALLY REALLY funny. What a kid!

Justin and Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for that post. I don't think I have laughed that hard for awhile. You are an expert Rachel. That is something I have always admired about you. You sure have adorable kids. Thanks for being so great!