Monday, December 14, 2009

Polar Express Party!

Last Friday we had a Polar Express Party for Peter and his friends. We had SO much fun! Everyone came in their pajamas and we started of singing Christmas songs, dancing and playing train games. Everyone got their own box to decorate into a boxcar and then we went downstairs, put together our train, and read The Polar Express by the Christmas tree. It was magical. All the children were entranced. One of Peter's friends, Stephen, assigned himself as the conductor and he took us on quite a wild ride to the North Pole! After we read the book, who should appear but Santa Clause himself who handed out bells and candy canes for everyone! Peter was beside himself. As Santa left, Stephen started staring out the window and said, "I'm just going to wait to see Santa fly away in his sleigh."
A friend of mine, Stephanie, who helped me with the whole party said, "Well, I don't think you'll see him, he has to fly North." That sparked all the childrens' interest and they all ran outside to catch Santa. That poor Santa was taken by quite a surprise! We all learned that Santa uses a car, probably so that his reindeer can rest up for Christmas Eve.
Afterward we helped ourselves to some hot cocoa and homemade nugats. I told Mike that evening, "I think I've made some happy memories for myself to last a long time." I think I may have had more fun than the kids even.

2 comments:

Mama Tales said...

What a fun house you have!!! I wish I could have joined you!

Rebecca said...

Remember how last year we got to help decorate your Christmas tree? That was a terrific idea, I hope to ever be as creative as you. Peter's smile is a million bucks.