My favorite, though was when she found the cinnamon bears and shoved one in her mouth all in one bite. I warned her that it was hot, but she kept chewing anyways. I kept asking, "Is it hot yet Elsie?" Nope, she was not giving me any satisfaction of being right. Finally, after a minute or two, she couldn't take it any more and spit it out in the garbage. I thought this would be a lesson and she'd steer clear of the bears, but she must have tried another, because I have been picking up bits of cinnamon bear throughout our carpet throughout the past couple days. It was fun watching her and building the houses as well. Mike was the expert, for sure!
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Gingerbread Houses
Mike grew up making gingerbread houses every year, so naturally, this is a family tradition of ours too. It was a lot of fun, and Elsie especially enjoyed it. We pulled out all the candy and tried to set it aside for the actual decorating. Elsie would have none of this. She wanted rewards, immediately and dived right into everything. There was absolutely no stopping her while she shoved and crammed her mouth full of chocolate and goo. She was quickly a slobbery mess.
My favorite, though was when she found the cinnamon bears and shoved one in her mouth all in one bite. I warned her that it was hot, but she kept chewing anyways. I kept asking, "Is it hot yet Elsie?" Nope, she was not giving me any satisfaction of being right. Finally, after a minute or two, she couldn't take it any more and spit it out in the garbage. I thought this would be a lesson and she'd steer clear of the bears, but she must have tried another, because I have been picking up bits of cinnamon bear throughout our carpet throughout the past couple days. It was fun watching her and building the houses as well. Mike was the expert, for sure!

My favorite, though was when she found the cinnamon bears and shoved one in her mouth all in one bite. I warned her that it was hot, but she kept chewing anyways. I kept asking, "Is it hot yet Elsie?" Nope, she was not giving me any satisfaction of being right. Finally, after a minute or two, she couldn't take it any more and spit it out in the garbage. I thought this would be a lesson and she'd steer clear of the bears, but she must have tried another, because I have been picking up bits of cinnamon bear throughout our carpet throughout the past couple days. It was fun watching her and building the houses as well. Mike was the expert, for sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So fun! I can totally picture Elsie sneaking cinnamon bears left and right. Can't wait to come visit!!!!!
Mike-where's the christmas spirit? Everyone else is wearing red! Do we ever learn 'delayed gratification'? Even if it's hot, we want it now.
Post a Comment