Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Magic!

Oh, the joy of having a 4-year-old for Christmas this year! Peter is absolutely loving Santa Clause. One day out of the blue he says to me, "Mom, do you know who I'm going to marry when I grow up?"
"No," I reply, "Who?"
"Santa's wife!" and then after a moment of reflection Peter added, "That is, if he dies that same day."
This dialog has been followed by all sorts of questions about Santa's reindeer, the sack he holds his presents in, and of course the mystery of the chimney. Well, a few days ago we went to a Christmas party at a friends house where Santa was also visiting! Peter was thrilled to see Santa and sit on his lap. Later on in the evening, Peter must have been thinking. He walked up to Santa, tugged at his belt and said, "Santa, how do you get your reindeer to fly?"
"Christmas Magic!" was the wise response.
Peter then came to me with a grin from ear to ear and I said, "I guess Santa really is magic, huh!" Peter replied, "Then his sack must really hold all those presents!"
A couple weeks ago Peter dressed up as Santa for our ward talent show and he and I recited 'Twas the Night Before Christmas together. He was the cutest Santa, don't you think?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Peter's mind must be working all. the. time. He comes up with pretty good questions. Creative boy. Gotta love him.

Julie said...

What a cute kid! That Santa sure is a mystery. I just had one come into my office...I get a little nervous. I'm glad Peter isn't afraid of him! Merry Christmas!

Rebecca said...

How do you respond to that?! Try not to crack up and say it's a good idea?!