Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Living Christ


Several months before Christmas I was inspired by this talk given in a woman's conference.  During the talk, Sister Marriott expressed her desire to memorize The Living Christ by Christmas.  I have had a 12 week program to memorize The Living Christ on my computer desktop for several years, waiting for the right time to try to memorize it with my children.  It's always seemed like such an insurmountable goal to do with my children.  However, this time, this year, the timing was right, and I took a leap of faith as I started with Day 1, "As we commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ....".  Day 1 lead to Day 2 and so forth, until after many days and lots of prayers, my two oldest and I memorized the document.  Through the process, all of our testimonies were strengthened as we  reflected on Jesus Christ, "the firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world."  This was our gift to our Savior this Christmas, because ultimately, He is The Gift.

1 comment:

Micah Brown said...

Hey rache a pache. I skimed through your blog and had a great time! Oh it made me miss you/your house. thanks for sharing some things online-especially those incredible ones!!!