Kimball turned 5 at the end of October. I thought I would include some photos here and write a little update on the new five-year-old in the house. Kimball wanted a Lego Birthday Party this year. He was ready to say "good-bye" to his once precious Duplos and be on even ground with his older siblings with Legos: building, creating, trading, and playing. He invited a few friends over and they were master builders as they hammered away on old crayons to make their own Lego crayons. They played some Lego games, including "pin-the-head on the Lego guy", and ate cake and ice cream. I just love all the grins in the picture below.
Kimball's smile melts my heart - his whole face lights up. I love this picture because his eyes tell you how big his smile is without even seeing his lips.
The picture below is a finished product from a combined group effort.
I have a funny story about Kimball's birthday. I always forget to order things early when I shop online. Hence, Kimball's presents were days late in coming. We had one present for him (which his dad bought) to open on his birthday, and Grandma and Grandpa came through (Thank you!!) and brought over a present on his birthday as well. He was very happy and excited about his presents. The next day was his party, but the packages still hadn't arrived at the post office. They also included all the birthday party favors and such. I had no plan B. Lucky for me, but very unlucky for Kimball, he was throwing up the day of his party. I called all the moms and rescheduled the party for several days later. It turned out to be perfect. Everyone was happy and healthy and everyone (including mom and dad) was able to give him a present at his party.
I thought I would make a list of some of my favorite things I love about Kimball:
~ His smile
~ His hugs
~ His laugh
~ The love he has for his siblings
~ His energy (when it's not overwhelming me. :))
~ He is quick to forgive
~ He can find happiness in less than ideal circumstances
I am so lucky to be a mom to this spirited boy. He has taught me and continues to teach me so much. Here is to a great year Kimball!
No comments:
Post a Comment