Here they are about ready to take off. You can barely see it dropping off, but it is quite steep.
Peter would slide around like crazy! No matter what position he took off on, he always landed on his belly going backwards.
In the morning I took the kids down. It was kind of scary the first time, as Elsie and I's face show. I promise though, Elsie was loving it.
As Mike was taking down the tent that morning, he found a mouse underneath. Yikes! Undaunted, Mike decided to capture the mouse in one of our water bottles. Peter had a great time carting the water bottle around, showing the mouse off to everybody. After a while, Mike was wondering how we were going to get rid of the mouse. He had an ingenious idea: give the mouse a ride down the water slide!
Here they are getting ready to let the mouse have the ride of its life.
Can you see the mouse in this picture? It's near the top. It was a great distraction to the reality of letting the mouse go, and it made a vivid memory for everyone at the campground that morning. We may have made ward history.
5 comments:
How fun! Now I'm missing the ward(s) -- and your family. I can just see Peter showing everyone his mouse.
You guys really do know how to have a good time. It actually looks like fun to me too!!!
Soooo, you never said what the mouse thought of the water slide? Beavers love 'em, but I don't know about mouse-folk.
I zoomed in to your faces on the slide and busted a gut. Aaaand, how do you fit a mouse into a water bottle? I sckwerm just thinking about it
Wow that is a great water slide!! What a fun ward campout!! The mouse story is great!!!
Post a Comment