While I was vacationing at my parents, Mike went to the Wind Rivers with his brothers and dad. He had a great time. The first year we were married, I went with Mike and his brothers to the Wind Rivers. I liked it, but I think it's best as kind of a "boys only" club. Mike loves the place, he talks about it and looks forward to it every year (whether he goes or not). Here they are at the beginning of the week: cleanly shaven, clean clothes, and still smelling somewhat like humanity.
I heard the mosquitoes were really bad! This picture was enough for me to be glad I was not there. Luckily Mike brought along netting they all wore over their faces. He's pretty brilliant, I'll admit!
The hiking is pretty rugged. At one point they had to chop down a tree so they could cross on over a river. I think if I were ever lost in the woods, like in the book Hatchet, I would want Mike glued to my side.
On Wednesday, he and his brothers climbed the continental divide where they got cell phone coverage so they could call their families. I was so excited to get that phone call from him and know everything was okay. It looks like fun!
Yuck! Yikes! Isn't this picture creepy?
Ahhh.... A beautiful Penstemon. The wildflowers is what hiking is all about!
And this is what the Wind Rivers is all about...FISH! Mike hates to eat fish, but he likes the sport of fishing (or maybe it's just the hiking to the lakes that he likes). He said they found a couple great lakes to fish in and had a good time. I'm glad he had a good time, and I'm just as glad I was at my mom and dad's house have a different good time instead.
1 comment:
So, what does Mike eat the whole week? How do you climb that mountain that looked like sheet rock the whole way around?! And I LOVEd the image of the boys blazing their own trail and chopping down a tree to cross a river. In concept, I think that would be fun and would feel innovative. But I have a feeling that in application, I would just get stuck, lost, and hungry.
Post a Comment