Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Fun Weekend!

A week and a bit ago was a fun packed weekend for this girl! Friday evening I had my sister, Becky, and her family come up from Provo and spend the night. I had a great time being with my sister and playing with Eden, who is a week older than Elsie. I love watching the little munchkins run around everywhere! Eden's a champ runner these days for sure! As much fun as I had, Peter was in heaven spending time with his Uncle Micah. He kept saying, "Uncle Micah, I love you....I missed you." This is the ultimate compliment from Peter because he is constantly telling his 'far-away' grandma and grandpa, "Don't worry, I won't miss you." Once he even told me, "Mom, if you died, I wouldn't miss you." Thanks bud. Glad to know you would be okay. So, apparently, he connected with his Uncle Micah.
On Saturday we had big plans to go to the zoo and see elephants and giraffes! We had read and sang songs about them all week long. However, those plans quickly got scratched, because we would have to leave Uncle Micah, and he was much more fun! So, we spent the morning bonding and playing and then by late morning we left to head down south for a small high school friend reunion. I had so much fun seeing good 'ole friends from home! Stephanie, Amanda, Jordan, and Severin with all their spouses. I was the only one with kids (for the time being) and was soooo appreciative that everyone was willing to put up with their energy and exuberance. Mike was really good to help as well, and I had a great time catching-up and chatting with good 'ole friends. It was a great day!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That does sound like a fun filled weekend! Weedends like those are definitely needed sometimes. They are great. Glad you had so much fun!

Rebecca said...

I feel bad to postphone, yet again, your zoo extravaganza. Thanks for putting us up, and I've gotta get that brownie recipe from you next time I come over.