I ev
entually called the neighbors, and told them I thought they had a groundhog in their front yard. I could hear the skepticism in his voice, but he said he'd check it out. Come to find out, it wasn't quite a groundhog, but a rock chuck. Well, I needed some clarification, so I went to the trusty internet. Aparently, woodchucks and groundhogs are the same thing and found mostly throughout the east half of the country. From what I could gather, rock chucks are very closely related, but found here in the west. Well, my great neighbors, being the humane people they are, caught the rock chuck and took him up to a nearby canyon. It made for an unusual day!
2 comments:
I've wondered what a woodchuck is, from the nursery rhyme...I figured they were made up! I'm learning so much from your blog!!! I'm glad I haven't embarrassed myself.
When I was a kid we hunted rock chucks. I thought they lucked like ground hogs and have been confused my whole life. Thanks!`
Post a Comment