Friday, April 24, 2009

General Conference


At the beginning of every April, those of the LDS faith gather around their churches or living room televisions for 2 days and listen to the words of our leaders and our beloved prophet, President Monson. With all the commotion in our home the previous week and work that needed to be done, I have to admit, my attention to this conference was undivided. However, Sunday morning came and we sat down together as a family and began to listen to conference while we ate doughnuts. Elder Uchtdorf spoke first, and began speaking of the confusion throughout the world and wrestlessness in people's hearts when he said, "People run from one new idea to the next, hoping to find something that will answer the burning questions of their souls." Peter had been running around, doing his thing, when suddenly he stopped and turned to Mike and I and said, "Hey! We have a burning question! Why did we have a fire in our garage?" That's right Peter, that is a good burning question. I just love how little minds see and hear things!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm always surprised to find out what a child actually hears and understands when you would guess they hadn't listened to a thing. It's my favorite thing about nursery and primary