Sunday, September 14, 2014

Kid Funnies

Better than the Sunday Paper comics, a child's words and deeds can really be a crack-up!  Kimball has been saying some really funny things these last few months, and I thought I'd write them down:
- I came home from the hospital with baby several months ago, and when the baby got hungry, I proceeded to nurse him.  Kimball came over to sit by me on the couch and peered over at what I was doing.  In a very matter-of-fact tone he said, "That's gross.  His slobbers all over you."  I thought for a moment, and had to agree, I guess it is kind of gross.
- I have been trying to teach Kimball how to wipe himself after using the bathroom.  As I was proceeding to explain how to effectively go about the job, he looks at me in amazement and said, "Look at all the things I'm learning, Mom!"  I couldn't have been prouder.
- Kimball has a touch of red hair, and with it has come an impressive temper.  The value of obedience and temperance has been a hard one to instill in this expressive kiddo.  Just a couple weeks ago I finally resorted to bribery.  I promised him, if he could be obedient for 3 consecutive days, I would get him a small box of little Legos (so he could fit-in with his older siblings).  It was a great three days.  Whenever he would start blowing off steam and I could see his top was going to burst, I would remind him of those precious Legos he wanted and the pending eruption would dissipate.  One day, after he had calmed his temperament after I had sent him to his room I overheard him saying, "After I get those Legos, no more Mr. Nice Boy."  Whoaa!!  That premeditated stinker!  I must say though, I think it has helped because he has learned he can control himself when he really wants to.

Anna has also been fun to watch as she enjoys her new baby brother.  She loves him SOOO much!  Matter of fact, all the things that she loves, she really wants to share with him.  This especially is true with food.  Initially, I saw her trying to cram her no-bake cookie into his mouth.  I was right there, and so I was able to stop her before he could take a hunk of it and choke.  I thought it was cute.  Then, about a month later, she was munching on blackberries.  I had Adam laying right next to me, and I turned my head for 2 seconds.  When I looked back, I saw purple juice all over Adam's face and he was happily smacking his lips.  This time I was impressed with her quickness, a bit concerned, but still I thought it was pretty cute.  Next she tried feeding Adam milk from her sippy cup.  I found this out when I heard him sputtering in the next room.  Now I was beginning to see this could really be a problem, and I tried to explain things to Anna.  A couple weeks ago Adam was laying next to his dad on the bed and Anna was running around with her FAVORITE snack - peanut butter on a spoon.  When Dad's back was turned, you guessed it, Anna shoved that spoon into Adam's mouth!  I happened to enter the room right at this point and stopped Anna.  Yikes!  Peanut butter?  I hope his digestive system isn't permenantly ruined!  Now we are watching Anna closely when it comes to her favorite foods and the baby. 


No comments: