Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Year Resolutions

Last week I somewhat nailed down my New Year Resolutions.  They always somewhat morph as the year goes by as I get a little more realistic or my interests turn, but I'm going to try to set them in my heart firmly this year.  Mike shared a scripture that has really inspired me.  It's in the Pearl of Great Price in Abraham 3:17, and it says, "...and there is nothing that the Lord thy God shall take in his heart to do but what he will do it."  So now I'm determined.  Of course, I'm not going to post my resolutions because they are personal, but I thought I would share one with you.  Its full of irony - to set weekly and monthly goals.  I am usually really good at this.  I love setting goals and having something to work towards, but this past year I have just been... surviving!  Now I am determined to take a fresh breath of air every Sunday and write out a plan for the week and month.  I feel so much better when I am in this mode, and I think I will feel more in control of my life.  Perhaps through the year I may share a weekly goal from time to time with the 3 people that follow this blog.  Anyhow, those have been my thoughts as of late - to be more firm in my heart.   Good luck New Year Resolutioning.  It can be a doosy!

1 comment:

Mama Tales said...

Actually Papa Beaver says: Go Girl!! I resolve to read you blog regularly!