The First day of The New Year, and I am already posting! Maybe I'll be more diligent this year in writing. I'd sure enjoy that. We celebrated the new year beginning by sleeping until 8:00, ALL OF US. This was a first, but it was also the first time all my children have stayed up until 12:00. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think the American New Year traditions are silly, but I continue to comply.
This morning we celebrated by having a family marbles tournament. It was my first time playing, and I must say it was a fun experience. We got a few tips on how to "shoot" from Uncle Glenn yesterday, and they were helpful! In the afternoon Dad took Peter and Elsie to a park, which has been iced over for a great place to ice-skate. It was Elsie's first time, and everyone came back thoroughly happy and excited. I was so glad, and also happy I could stay at home and read while I nursed my hip which has been bothering me as of late. Then we all went to a neighbor's house for a New Years get together. It was fun and sociable. I finished the day off by finishing the book I was reading, Daddy-Long-Legs. I thought I wouldn't cry, it being the second time I've read it, but to no avail. It is the sweetest book and very inspiring to read before I settle in on my resolutions for the year. I must recommend it as a between Christmas and New Years book. I have a cousin who reads it every December. Hmmmm, not a bad idea.
Here are some pictures of the ice skating trip. Elsie loves to be in front of a camera, and Peter dodges it as if it were the plague.




No comments:
Post a Comment