Our family waited in anticipation last Saturday morning, especially Peter, for 10:00 when Santa was making a personal appearance at a pavilion in our little town. As we watched the time go by, I asked Peter, "What are you going to tell Santa you want for Christmas?"
Peter responded, "A Baby."
Well, this was news to me! I tried to clarify, saying, "You mean, like a brand new baby in our home?"
"No MOM, I'm not talking about that!" he impatiently said (Whew!).
So, try as he may, I couldn't quite get what he was talking about. However, 10:00 came and a bit later we eventually made it out the door to visit Santa. Santa, who even knew Peter's name, asked him what he wanted for Christmas. Peter responded, "Baby Jesus". Ahhh. You know, those are the moments that make this job called Parenting worth it.
2 comments:
That is so sweet. There's nothing like that kind of thing that can make me analyze my own life any better.
I love that boy of yours. He is tender and knows what up when it comes to baby Jesus. Good job Mom!
Post a Comment