Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ahhhh, Spring!


So, I'm actually starting my own blog. Well, to be truthful, my sister set up a blog site for me, but the site has just been sitting without any posts for months now. So, I should rephrase my statement to, "I'm actually posting in my very own, not too new blog!" For those of you who truly know me, you will understand what a feat this is for me because I am completely computer illiterate and spend very little time on th computer. However, "blogspot.com" has captivated my attention lately and with enough outside influences I've decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot. So, that said, I've thoroughly been enjoying my flowers this spring I planted as bulbs last fall, and I've been thinking...

I heard this saying once,
"If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft, and from thy slender store two loaves alone to thee are left, sell one and with the dole buy Hyacinths to feed thy sole."
It has since stuck with me over the years. Every spring when I smell a Hyacinth I think, “This truly does feed my soul!” There is something to be said about the beauties of this earth, and how priceless they are to our overall health and well-being. I love spring as I see and smell the flower bulbs in bloom, see tree buds swelling and ready to blossom, robins catching worms, and hear children’s laughter filling the air after being cooped up all winter. What could be better?

4 comments:

lanita said...

Wow, that's deep. I had to read that quote a couple times to get it. And Yippee Yi Yay!! You've officially joined the blogging world now. I loved your first post! Keep 'em coming. :)

Mama Tales said...

Loved the blog Rachel!! I hope your flowers survive your new SNOW!
Mom

Michelle said...

oh Rachel I just love your blog. I'm excited to read more!

Papa Beaver said...

I love your slo-mo blog. It is nice not to be behind EVERYONE. JK. XO, pops