Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter!

I figured I'd better create a post about Easter before it gets embarrassingly late.  We had a nice time preparing for it this year.  We tried to have a simple devotional every morning where we talked about where Jesus was that day almost 2000 years ago and what he did.  Then I tried to find a picture that correlated with the story and we posted them on our wall.  It was a good reminder, and I think the kids really learned.  However, Saturday almost came and went before I remembered we needed to dye some hard boiled eggs!  It was fun, but it's easy for kids to forget from year to year how long one has to wait for the eggs as they sit in the dye.  It was quite a conflict for Elsie - did she want to wait and enjoy the brightly colored egg or should she burn through the whole process and move on to something else.  I couldn't help but relate to her struggle.
Sunday was great.  It was a tight squeeze, but we managed to fit in the easter baskets before 9:00 church, so the kids went wearing their new ties and necklace.  Anna managed to get one bite of a peep down her.  It was really cute.  So I took a picture.  Sharing time was a great hit - the Primary Secretary and chorister worked together and created a wonderful lesson.  I was happy the kids were going home knowing the story of Christ and his atonement and sacrifice for each of us.  It was the most pivotal moment in history.  I'm glad we have one Christian holiday that we can keep on Sunday, always.
Afterwards we headed to Aunt Camille's for a yummy big family dinner and an awesome Easter Egg Hunt.  Camille really knows how to organize and good hunt!  The kids had a blast and got too much candy.  It was another great Easter!
The girls in purple!

Let the hunt begin!!

Good reach Elsie!




Couldn't stop from taking this picture - I love Crocus' in the spring!

No comments: