Sunday, March 25, 2012

Elsieisms

Elsie is a very funny girl. As I have mentioned in past posts, she is ALL girl. A very different breed from my boys. I guess I shouldn't be sooo astounded, because, after all, I AM a girl. However, Elsie thrives off of being called "Princess" and goes around all day dressed up as a ballerina. She loves flowers in her hair and the colors pink and purple. Every day there must be a considerable time allocated to coloring. It can't just be any coloring page though (and thank goodness to google image), it must be a unicorn, a princess _____, a ballerina, or a baby _______ (you can fill whatever animal you'd like in the blanks).
This girl can play all day long, and lives in her own world, where everything is quite pleasant. I have seen her play with colored pencils for over an hour. She did stop for a moment to ask me if I had helmets for all of them. She has got a great imagination and draws Kimball into her play all the time. Together, they terrorize the house on a daily basis.
The other day I took her into a hair salon to buy a present for a friend. While we were there, Elsie saw someone getting her hair highlighted. The conversation went as follows:
"Mom, what was that lady doing?"
"Well, she was getting her hair dyed."
Elsie - "Why was she getting her hair dialated?"
I suppose we've taken much more trips to the eye doctor than the hair salon. I respond, "Dyed. Some people don't like the color of their hair, or they get tired of it, so they change the color."
Hmmmm. This gets Elsie thinking. I buckle her up in the car, and she is quite for a few minutes. Then she asks, "Mom, do WE dye our hair?"
Curious where this is leading, I cautiously say, "Well, Mom doesn't, but lots of people do, and that's fine."
Then I get this desperate response, "Mom, can I dye my hair pink because brown just isn't my favorite color!!"
Ohhh, dear. I held in the laughter because Elsie was a bit concerned, and told her maybe when she was older.

2 comments:

Mama Tales said...

Can I tell Elsie that her Grammy dyes her hair? I love this child!!!!

Mama Tales said...

I love the on going "Elsieisms"! They make my day, week,....... I love the way her little mind thinks!